2013... Let's Do This!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Source
 
I have never been one to jump onto the New Year’s Resolution band wagon. I especially learned in 2012 not to determine what you think your year is going to be like based on how you feel on January 1st. I believe that my first Facebook status in 2012 was something like “I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be the best year of my life”. HA! Anyone that knows me understands how ironic that is! 2012 was mostly awful for me and my family. There were some really great parts too though. I was able to quit my day job and start to run my own business from home full time in 2012. I started this blog. Darren and I grew much closer. And… that’s about it! Don’t get me wrong… I am VERY thankful for the everyday blessings in my life. We have a roof over our heads, plenty to eat, and then some. No one in my family died this year. We are all safe and mostly healthy.
 
This year is no different as far as New Year’s resolutions go, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t have goals for the year. I have been thinking about what I want to see happen in my life. I have lots of wishes and dreams, but I have a few that seem to keep popping back into my mind more than others. So here’s my list… call them resolutions, call them goals, call them wishes. However you want to look at it I am putting this out there so I can be accountable to someone and so that I can be in your prayers as well. So here we go! 2013!!!

 
 
>>> My #1 prayer/hope/dream/wish/desire is to be able to have a baby in 2013. Most of you know that we lost our first baby in August of 2012. Since then I have been having some health issues that have prevented us from getting pregnant again. This has probably been the hardest thing Darren and I have gone through in our lives. We still don’t understand why we are going through this trial, but we are also trying to grow from it. If God doesn’t answer our prayer to become parents this year, please pray that He will give us the strength to stay positive and keep trusting.
 
>>> My second goal for 2013 is to keep growing my business. I enjoy what I do so much, but I will only be able to keep doing it if I keep growing. Anyone that is self-employed understands that is much easier said than done! My hope for this year is that I can remain focused and do what needs to be done on a daily basis to grow long term.

>>> On a less serious note… I want to make more friends in 2013! This sounds kind of trivial compared to the previous goals, but this is something I really want to work on in my life. For some reason I have trouble opening up and letting people see who I really am sometimes. I want to change that this year. I want to let people in and put myself out there more.

>>> Lastly, I want to be more organized and in control of my life. I know I can’t control what circumstances come my way, but I can control what I do with my time and resources. I want end every day feeling like I accomplished something.



What are your ambitions for the year? Have you thought about it more than "I want to lose some weight"? If not, it's worth spending a few minutes doing. Who knows... you might get an idea or set a goal that might change your life forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs