Thrifting Projects

Monday, January 21, 2013

Source

I have been doing a lot of housewares and furniture thrifting lately. It's partially due to the fact that we are penny pinching and more importantly because I'm finally brave enough to attempt some bigger DIY upcycle projects. I can't wait am bursting at the seams to show you what I have planned! Right now I have about six different projects sitting in my basement waiting to be transformed. It just blows my mind that you can find so many amazing pieces that have such character for next to nothing at places like Goodwill! All they need is a little love and time which is what I plan to give them.

More than likely Project #1 will be to reupholster a wing back chair. I had been looking for a good wing back to redo for awhile when I recruited my mother-in-law who is an avid Goodwill-er to keep an eye out for me. She took the challenge and found a great pair for $30 a pop within the week! Yippee for me! I want to put one of the chairs in our living room, but have been indecisive when it comes to choosing a fabric. However this weekend I jumped into the water and ordered. So this means that I have to do it now even though I'm secretly scared out of my mind to attempt a reupholstery all by myself. It's a good thing I didn't realize how extensive of a project it is going to be before I bought the chairs... Anywho, I'm totally going to try it and if it turns out I will save a whole lotta money on a custom upholstered chair!

So stay tuned! The fabric should arrive this week! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. you never know what kind of great stuff you can find at a thrift store! (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs