My Infertility Journey : Lessons Learned

Wednesday, October 16, 2013


I was so moved this week after reading THIS amazing post by Jaime at Raising Up Rubies. The words she wrote were so meant for me. Jaime, if you ever read this I want to thank you for sharing your heart and for being so real. It made me want to share a little bit about how God has been working on me lately. I hope you guys don't mind.

I have been really blessed in my life. I grew up with two great parents and two super fun siblings who were (and still are) my best friends. I always had food to eat and a roof over my head. I had an amazing church family and lots of people who loved me. God always provided above and beyond. But did I take time to thank Him for those things? Did I appreciate how invaluable they were? Not really. I simply got used to the blessings and I got comfortable. It's sad that it took a really horrible trial for me to be thankful for all of those things that I thought were so small before. Now I know they were huge. I was am SO blessed. 

Infertility has been the worst and best thing that has ever happened to me. It's been the hardest time of my life, but my faith is stronger than it's ever been. Had I not been forced to endure this trial I wonder how long it would have taken me to get to this point in my spiritual life? Years? Decades? Never?

Is it weird that I'm even thankful for this season in my life? As hard as it's been I know I'm stronger for it. I can't put out the fire, but I CAN let myself be molded into something beautiful in the meantime. The alternative is sad and depressing. In the end, the phrase Jaime shared (based on Daniel 3:17-18) says it all. "And if not... He is still good". I'm thankful I'm in this place. I'm thankful for the peace I have even in the storm. I'm thankful for the lessons... no matter how hard.

Hannah

11 comments:

  1. dear sweet hannah girl ♥ thank you for sharing your heart... and thank you for reading my post.
    your story is a blessing to me. as i was reading it this verse came to mind ...
    "He has made everything beautiful in its time" Ecc.3.11 we all know that part of the verse :)
    but the ending is what gets me ... "He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." ... He's workin' on you girl. from beginning to end. don't forget that part
    ♥ much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime,

      What an amazing verse. I SO appreciate you taking the time to share that with me!

      Hannah

      Delete
  2. I'm still praying for you. I had the hardest time learning to be thankful for our struggle with infertility until somewhere in the fourth year or so. God started showing me how He had been working and had each step of our lives planned out very specifically. I was able to see how His plans were stepping stones to where He wants us to be with Him in our daily spiritual lives. With that kind of hindsight, I was able to trust Him a little more each time I looked back at all that He had given and planned out for me.
    I'm glad that you are now able to be thankful for all He has done for you, including planning this time of waiting for His next great blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so understand your struggle as my husband and I have been going through infertility for over 2 years..you are so right, God is still good. and in the struggle He is refining. Psalm 73:26, My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
    Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your courage and would definitely pray for you. Infertility has been a big problem and it is really disturbing too but fighting it is great thing and surely u'll get positive output.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I hope I reach this point in my infertility struggle. I, like you, had/and still do have so many other blessings, but when my husband and I found out about our infertility struggle it was like an atomic bomb had been dropped on our lives. Hoping I reach a point, where I am better for the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Thanks. This resonates - I can't put out the fire but I can let myself be moulded into something beautiful by it. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful post, friend. Infertility is definitely one of the hardest things I've ever walked through. But He is good. Yes, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I'm going through my own major trial in my marriage. My husband no longer wants to be part of our marriage and has denounced his belief in God. The past 8 months have been the most difficult in my life, but I have grown through this time and for that I am thankful (James 1:2-4). I was out shopping with a friend recently and saw this quote framed. I had to walk out of the booth to keep from crying, and I immediately looked up Daniel 3:17-18. I pray for my husband and my marriage daily and have full faith that God can and will restore, but it is always important to remember that even if not, God is still good. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Infertility
    - Its a really very hard. Its may have so many problems in mens and womens so now don't need to worry about this problem their are so many solutions to conceive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet. He is still good. He's molding me too. You've sparked so many thoughts for my next infertility post. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your heart!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs