Handmade Gift Idea : DIY Gold Dipped Mason Jar

Monday, November 18, 2013


The Christmas season is *almost* here! YAY!!! I love this holiday! It sounds cliche, but my favorite part of Christmas is giving gifts to the people I love. I always put a lot of thought into what I give, and try to choose gifts that are meaningful and/or useful. In my opinion, nothing makes a gift more special than when it is handmade! There are never enough ideas when it comes to handmade gifts so this Christmas season I have decided to do a few posts on that subject.

The first handmade gift idea I want to share is this DIY Gold Dipped Mason Jar. Both mason jars and gold are majorly trending right now (which I LOVE!). The best part about this gift is that it can be repurposed all throughout the year to match any season depending on how it is filled! I pretty much adore how it turned out and it was literally the easiest craft I have ever done.

Step 1 : Apply painter's tape to the top half of a mason jar and then spray paint the bottom half. Let it sit until the paint is dry (about an hour to be safe).



Step 2: Remove the painters tape, fill up the jar with potpourri, and tie a festive ribbon around the top. If you don't want to use potpourri you could fill it with peppermint sticks, pinecones, cookie mix, etc...



What do you think?! Is there anyone in your life that would be thrilled to receive this handmade gift?

Hannah

2 comments:

  1. The gold paint makes a whole lot of difference. Hannah, do you have a YouTube channel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thank you for linking up to {wow me} wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs